The purpose of this study is to test the effectiveness of a video-based parent education
intervention delivered in the primary care setting on parents and other caregivers
discipline attitudes and practices.
- Adult caregivers of children ages 12 to 36 months with a scheduled well-child visit.
- Caregivers must be older than 18 years of age, must be considered a consistent
caregiver for the child, must be the primary caregiver at least 2 days per week, and
must live with the child.
- Caregivers previously enrolled in the study.
- Caregivers who do not speak or read English,
- Caregivers not able to give contact information for follow-up,
- Caregivers of a child who has a severe behavioral problem or developmental delay as
reported by the parent during the initial recruitment phone call.