The purpose of this study is to determine whether a multimedia educational computer program
can increase colorectal cancer screening rates in low and adequate literacy patients.
Results will be stratified by low/marginal and adequate literacy as determined by the Rapid
Estimate of Adult Literacy in Medicine instrument.
- Scheduled to see an internal medicine provider
- No recent colorectal cancer screening
- Personal history of colorectal cancer
- Family history of colorectal cancer
- Blood seen in stools within last month
- Obvious cognitive or physical impairment that would prevent participation