SB-742457 is a 5HT6 receptor antagonist that is in development for the symptomatic treatment
of mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease . To date, all clinical trials have been conducted
using a capsule formulation of SB-742457. However, it is intended to conduct all futures
studies with a tablet formulation. The aim of this study is to assess the pharmacokinetic
profile of SB-742457 and its major metabolites following single doses of both the capsule
and tablet formulations.
- Men or surgically sterile or post-menopausal women
- Healthy as judged by a responsible physician. No clinically significant abnormality
identified on the medical or lab evaluation.
- BMI between 18.5 and 32.0 kg/m2
- A positive pre-study urine screen for drugs of abuse
- Abuse of alcohol
- Subjects who smoke more than 10 cigarettes or equivalent a day.
- Use of prescription drugs as well as herbal and dietary supplements within 7 days
prior to the first dose of study medication, unless in the opinion of the
Investigator and sponsor the medication will not interfere with the study procedures
or compromise subject safety.
- Where participation in the study would result in donation of blood in excess of 500ml
within a 56 day period.
- Has a history or presence of gastro-intestinal, hepatic or renal disease or other
condition known to interfere with the absorption, distribution, metabolism or
excretion of drugs.
- The subject has received an investigational drug or participated in another research
trial within 30 days or 5 half-lives, or twice the duration of the biological effect
of any drug (whichever is longer) prior to the first dose of current study
- Known or suspected history of seizures, including febrile seizures, unexplained
recent loss of consciousness or history of significant head trauma with loss of