This study will test the safety and efficacy of nitric oxide gas in the treatment of venous
Prospective, single center. Controlled study of a moisture retentive wound dressing and
sustained compression with 6 weeks of 8 hour daily nitric oxide treatments.
- Must have a venous stasis ulcer between the knee and the ankle.
- Ulcer duration must be 60 days or greater
- Has an ulcer that is deemed by the Investigator to be caused primarily by a medical
condition other than venous insufficiency
- Suffers from diabetes mellitus with HbA1c ≥ 8%
- Suffers from clinically significant arterial disease
- Is pregnant, a nursing mother or a woman of child bearing potential who is not using
an adequate form of contraception (or abstinent)
The above is a partial list of the inclusion and exclusion criteria; however, other
inclusion and exclusion criteria may apply.