This study began in 1993 as a prospective, natural history study of renal transplant
patients' medication compliance measured by using an electronic monitor on the cap of
medication vials. Hypothesis: Poor medication compliance predicts adverse outcomes.
Enrollment is closed.
- The study is complete. Patient recruitment is closed and active patient involvement in
the study has ended.
- Statistical analysis of monitor records and new patient outcome data continues
- Kidney transplant recipient
- Discharged from hospital with functioning graft,not on dialysis
- Prescribed azathioprine
- Unable to give informed consent
- Non English speaking
- Previous or concurrent organ transplant other than kidney
- Taking liquid form of azathioprine
- Followed outside of the United states