This study evaluates the efficacy and safety of 2 doses of pimecrolimus (0.3% and 1%)
ophthalmic suspension in a moderate to severe population of keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS,
dry eye syndrome) patients.
- History of artificial tear use
- Moderate to severe signs of dry eye
- Moderate to severe ocular discomfort
- Patients with uncontrolled systemic or ocular diseases.
- Have any history of refractive surgery
- Use any topical ocular medications other than those dispensed for the study, during
Other protocol-defined exclusion criteria may apply.