Estradiol treatment is effective at reducing vasomotor symptoms (eg, hot flushes) in
postmenopausal women. Vivus has a proprietary spray delivery system (Evamist) for
estradiol. This study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of this product.
This is a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial evaluating
different doses of transdermal estradiol delivered by spray to symptomatic postmenopausal
women. The endpoints are the reduction in frequency and severity of hot flushes.
- Postmenopausal women
- Ages 35 or older
- Frequent moderate to severe hot flushes
- Qualifying general medical health
- Disqualifying gynecological disorders
- Disqualifying dermatological disorders
- Disqualifying concurrent conditions