The purpose of this study is to assess the effect of an aqueous nasal spray investigational
compound compared to placebo on the hypothalamic pituitary adrenocortical (HPA) axis system
in adolescents and adults 12 to 65 years of age with perennial allergic rhinitis. This study
can last up to 6 weeks and you will come to the clinic up to 7 times. Clinic visits include
physical examinations, vital sign assessments, clinical laboratory assessments, ECGs and
allergy skin testing. You will need to complete a daily diary card and spend the night in
the clinic on 2 occasions to collect urine and blood samples over 24 hour periods.
A randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo and active (prednisone) controlled,
6-week study of the effect of GW685698X aqueous nasal spray 100mcg QD on the hypothalamic
pituitary adrenocortical (HPA) axis in adolescents and adults 12 to 65 years of age with
perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR).
- Diagnosis and history of perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Must be willing to stay overnight in the clinic at the beginning and end of the study
for the collection of urine and blood samples over 24 hours.
- Must comply with all study procedures and be literate.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Work a rotating shift.
- Significant concurrent medical conditions.
- Certain medications such as corticosteroids and allergy medications.