The purpose of this trial is to study:
- Effects of arzoxifene on bone fractures and bone mass.
- Effects of arzoxifene on getting breast cancer.
- Effects of arzoxifene on certain types of cardiovascular events, such as heart attack
- Effects of arzoxifene that changes the amount of certain substances in the blood that
are related to osteoporosis and cardiovascular health.
- Effects of arzoxifene on the uterus.
- The safety of arzoxifene and any side effects.
- 60-85 years of age
- At least two years since last menstrual cycle
- Abnormal or unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Bone disorders, other than osteoporosis or low bone mass
- History of breast cancer, cancer of the uterus, or any cancer in the last five years
(except skin cancer).
- History of cerebral vascular accidents or venous thromboembolic events
- Medications outlined