The purposes of this study are to determine:
- The effects of arzoxifene on bone mineral density (bone mass) at the spine and hip in
- The effects of arzoxifene on the uterus (womb) in postmenopausal women.
- The effects of arzoxifene on blood tests that measure changes in bone rebuilding in
postmenopausal women with low bone density.
- The effects of arzoxifene on blood lipids (fats) and other blood markers of heart
- The safety of arzoxifene and any side effects that might be associated with its use.
- 45 to 60 years of age, inclusive
- At least 2 years since last menstrual cycle
- Intact uterus (womb).
- Existing fracture of the spine.
- Bone disorders, other than low bone mass
- History of cancer in the last 5 years. Also, any history, at any time, of breast
cancer or cancer of the lining of the uterus.
- Abnormal or unexplained vaginal bleeding.