The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Thalidomide in patients
Patients will take Thalidomide tablets at bedtime daily until remission. The dose will be
increased gradually and modified according to side-effects. The drug will be given daily up
to the time of complete remission then as long as it is beneficial.
- Diagnosis of refractory or relapsed leukemia: acute leukemia, CML, CLLm and MDS.
- Signed informed consent, including patient agreeing to use safe contraceptive methods
during the treatment and for at least 4 months after the treatment is completed
- Serum creatinine < or = 2.5mg/dL
- Serum bilirubin< or = 2.5mg/dL
- Negative pregnancy test
- Age 18 years or older
- Performance status < or = 3
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Concurrent treatment with cytotoxic chemotherapy, or radiation
- History of seizures, neurotoxicity, or active CNS disease
- Serious infections not controlled by antibiotics