The purpose of this study it to determine whether supplemental treatment with Iscar improves
immune function and quality of life among Stage IV non-small cell lung carcinoma patients
receiving conventional chemotherapy. Iscar is an herbal medicine made from the total plant
extract of mistletoe. this preparation is already in use in Europe and its use in the US is
likely to increase as cancer patients continue to seek alternative therapies.
- Stage IV NSCLC patients who receive standard chemotherapy
- Known allergy to Viscum Album L.
- Concomitant use of other mistletoe products
- Concomitant use of mushroom glucan and proteoglycan extracts
- Concomitant use of thymus extract products
- Inability to self-report quality of life utilizing assessment tools
- Ongoing steroid or ACTH therapy
- Co-morbid immunocompromised state
- Participation in other clinical trials