The purpose of this study is to determine if erlotinib will improve disease at doses that
produce its characteristic rash in patients with advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
Only patients with 0 to 1 performance status on the ECOG scale are eligible.
- Confirmed diagnosis of Stage IIIB or IV non-small cell lung cancer (histological or
- Received prior chemotherapy treatment for advanced, metastatic non-small cell lung
- Measurable disease per RECIST criteria.
- Adequate bone marrow, hepatic and renal function.
- Breast cancer or skin cancer at any time in the past or any other cancer in the past
- Brain metastases that are unstable, require steroids, are life-threatening or
required radiation in the last 28 days.
- Known hypersensitivity to minocycline.
- History of serious cardiac disease that is not controlled.
- Serious eye conditions.
- Prior treatment with inhibitors of EGFR of any kind.