The projects funded by this grant, primarily focus on environmental factors that promote
weight-gain in the general human population, and how to modify these factors, to prevent
further weight-gain in the future. In the coming years, the researchers at the University
of Colorado-HSC hope to gain an understanding as to how small changes in diet and physical
activity can be achieved and sustained to prevent weight-gain.
- BMI: 21-26
- < 5lb. weight change in 6 mo.
- usual fat intake 25-35%
- regularly eats 3 meals/day
- no chronic health problems known to affect appetite
- either active or inactive (specific criteria do exist)
- no smoking
- women must be on bcps
- no evidence of depression, eating disorder, or restrained eater (determined from