The purpose of this study is to evaluate safety and efficacy ofKarenitecin (BNP1350) as a
treatment of adults with brain tumors.
- Confirmed diagnosis of a newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme or
recurrent/progressive glioblastoma multiforme, anaplastic astrocytoma, or anaplastic
- Evidence of measurable recurrent or residual primary CNS neoplasm.
- An interval of at least 3 weeks between prior surgical resection or 6 weeks between
prior radiotherapy or chemotherapy, and enrollment on this protocol unless there is
unequivocal evidence of tumor progression after surgery, radiotherapy, or
- Hematocrit > 29%, ANC > 1,500, platelets > 125,000
- Serum creatinine < 1.5 mg/dl, BUN < 25 mg/dl, serum SGOT and bilirubin < 1.5 times
upper limit of normal
- Negative pregnancy test for female patients