This is an open-label, multicenter, randomized (1:1 randomization ratio) study of either
exemestane or exemestane plus celecoxib in postmenopausal women with ABC having progressed
- Postmenopausal female patient with histologically or cytologically confirmed breast
cancer having progressed on Tamoxifen.
- Advanced disease: patients with advanced breast carcinoma with disease progression
who had progressed/relapsed following > 8 weeks of treatment with Tamoxifen for
advanced disease; or progressed during adjuvant Tamoxifen for at least 6 or 12 months
depending on receptor status; or progressed within 12 months from completion of
adjuvant treatment with Tamoxifen.
- at least one measurable lesion
- More than one previous chemotherapy and/or more than one hormonotherapy for advanced
- Previous hormonotherapy for advanced disease other than Tamoxifen.
- Myocardial infarction within previous 6 mo