A Pilot Study of Transfusion of rhTPO-Derived Autologous Platelets Cryopreserved with
ThromboSol and 2% DMSO in Patients with Gynecologic Malignancy Receiving Carboplatin
- Patients with gynecologic malignancy for whom treatment with carboplatin is
- Age >/= 15 years.
- Adequate hematologic, renal, and hepatic functions.
- Life expectancy >/- 3 months. Karnofsky Performance Status >/= 80.
- Signed informed consent form.
- Patients with rapidly progressive disease.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- Patients with comorbid condition which renders patients at high risk of treatment
- History of CNS metastasis.
- Patients with significant cardiac disease (NYHA Class III or IV), dysrhythmia, or
recent history of MI or ischemia, transient ischemic attack or CVA within the 6
months of study entry.
- Prior chemotherapy, immunotherapy, any experimental drug within 4 weeks, use of
myeloid (G-CSF or GM-CSF) growth factors within 2 weeks or erythropoietin within 4
- Use of any nitrosourea (BCNU, CCNU) or mitomycin - C within 6 weeks.
- Prior surgery or RT within 2 wks of study entry.
- Patients with history of prior high dose chemotherapy with stem cell transplant or
with history of prolonged thrombocytopenia (> 2 weeks).
- History of leukemia.
- History of any platelet disorders including ITP, TTP or bleeding disorders.
- History of > 3 prior chemotherapy regimens (all platinum regimens will be counted as
- Demonstrated lack of response to platinum-based therapy.