The purpose of this study is to determine if duloxetine is effective when compared to
placebo in preventing recurrence of major depressive disorder in patients who have responded
to open-label duloxetine treatment.
- Signed the informed consent
- Meet criteria for major depressive disorder without psychotic features.
- Have a level of understanding sufficient to provide informed consent and to
communicate with the investigator and site personnel.
- Have had at least one other major depressive episode prior to the one being
experienced at study entry.
- You are reliable and agree to keep all appointments for clinic visits, tests and
procedures required by the protocol.
- You have had treatment with a drug within the last 30 days that has not received
regulatory approval at the time of study entry.
- Any women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have any serious medical illnesses other than major depressive disorder.
- If you have previously participated in a clinical trial for duloxetine.
- Any previous or current diagnosis of bipolar, schizophrenia, or other psychotic