To determine a safe and effective dose of pentostatin in steroid-refractory aGvHD and to
identify the minimal effective dose of pentostatin defined as the lowest dose that produces
a response in 20% or more of patients while producing treatment failure (defines as death,
grade 3/4 toxicity, or progressive disease) in 40% or less of patients.
- Patients 6 months of age with grade 2 GVHD that is steroid-refractory
- Must be engrafted with ANC 1000/mL, may still be transfusion dependent for platelets
- Time post stem cell infusion < 100 days
- Written informed consent
- Must have adequate renal function (creatinine clearance 40 mL/min/1.73 m2
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease
- Uncontrolled infection
- Mental illness or other condition preventing full cooperation with the treatment and
monitoring requirements of the study
- ATG within the previous 14 days
- Other immunosuppressive agents (including monoclonal antibodies) when initiated
within the previous 7 days.