This clinical research program is designed to evaluate medications as new treatments for
essential tremor. Essential tremor is a common condition with few available therapies.
Each medication will be evaluated for effectiveness against tremor in a randomized,
placebo-controlled, cross-over, double blind clinical research trial. Tremor will be
assessed with accepted rating scales and accelerometry
1. Diagnosis of essential tremor.
2. Tremor rating scale score 3 or one or both upper extremities
3. Unsatisfactory response to primidone or to propanolol
4. Not taking tremor-inducing drug
5. Able to comply with visits