Studies investigating physiological processes involved in aging-related deficits in
regulation of stress hormone systems.
- History of major psychiatric disorders,
- Neurologic disorder affecting cognitive function,
- Unstable medical problems,
- Medications including antidepressants, neuroleptics, anxiolytics, CNS stimulants,
narcotic analgesics, anti-convulsants,
- Drugs effecting HPA axis function,
- Vision and hearing deficits,
- Undergoing major life event within one month or
- Loss of family member within 6 months.