To evaluate the effect of Isoprinosine in patients diagnosed as having AIDS relative to:
Laboratory (immunologic defects):
- Comparison of total helper and suppressor T-cell numbers among the groups.
- Comparison of changes in natural killer cell activity.
- Comparison of other laboratory findings among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of opportunistic infections among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of the development of AIDS-related malignancies.
- Comparison of other clinical manifestations relative to severity and time of onset.
Patients with a history of gout, urolithiasis, nephrolithiasis, renal dysfunction, and
severe gastric ulcer are excluded.
- Cytotoxic immunosuppressive agents.
The following are excluded:
- Critically ill patients.
- Patients receiving steroids, cytotoxic immunosuppressive agents, radiotherapy.
- Patients who have received any other immunotherapy.
- Patients with a history of gout, urolithiasis, nephrolithiasis, renal dysfunction,
and severe gastric ulcer.
- Any other immunotherapy.
Patients with severe AIDS and specified laboratory immunologic defects.