To determine the safety and pharmacokinetics of L-ofloxacin (RWJ 25213) in patients with HIV
Patients must have the following:
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Active opportunistic infection or neoplasm.
- High likelihood of death during study.
- Significant ophthalmologic, renal, hepatic, cardiovascular, hematologic, neurologic,
psychiatric,respiratory, or metabolic disease.
- Donation of > 1 unit blood or acute loss of blood within one month of study entry.
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
- History of opportunistic infection.
- Previous allergic reaction to ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, or any other quinolone.
Use of any investigational agent within 7 days of entry into study. Use of any medication
within 3 days prior to entry (7 days for AZT). Alcohol or drug abuse.