To evaluate topical A-007 in patients with advanced malignancies including Kaposi's sarcoma
and lymphoproliferative disorders.
- Maintenance antihormones, hormones, and glucocorticoids.
Patients must have:
- Histologically proven metastatic cancer including Kaposi's sarcoma and
lymphoproliferative disorders to the skin or cutaneous sites. NOTE:
- Primary basal or squamous cell cancer of the skin is allowed.
- Failed both primary and secondary chemotherapy and/or immunotherapy protocols.
- Measurable skin or cutaneous lesions. 4 Life expectancy of at least 20 weeks.
- Prior therapy for cutaneous lesions from Kaposi's sarcoma or lymphoproliferative
- Prior maintenance steroids and hormone/antihormone therapy.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Active infections other than medically stable HIV infection.
- Active congestive heart failure, any persistent arrhythmia or transient serious
arrhythmia (ventricular tachycardia, sinoatrial arrest, etc.), or progressive
- Unstable blood pressure.
- Seizures or other CNS disorders.
- Severe unstable diabetes mellitus.
- Thrombotic disease.
- Any other medical conditions that would prevent completion of study or produce
significant risk to patient.
- Concomitant chemotherapy or immunotherapy.
- Ongoing corticosteroid therapy (unless maintenance).
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
- History of active cardiopulmonary or respiratory disease.
- History of sun hypersensitivity and photosensitive dermatoses.
- History of allergy or hypersensitivity to cosmetics, toiletries, or other