To provide Stealth liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride ( DOX-SL ) as a therapy for Kaposi's
sarcoma patients who have no remaining treatment options other than DOX-SL or patients who
have been participating in another DOX-SL protocol and for whom continuation in DOX-SL is
medically indicated. Also, to evaluate the safety and efficacy of DOX-SL in patients with
Kaposi's sarcoma who have previously received systemic chemotherapy with or without an
Patients receive DOX-SL every 3 weeks for up to 20 cycles.
Patients must have:
- AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma that requires systemic chemotherapy.
- EITHER a medical indication for continuation of DOX-SL following treatment on another
DOX-SL protocol, OR no remaining treatment options other than DOX-SL.
- Prior anthracyclines.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Cardiac ejection fraction < 50 percent or clinically significant cardiac disease.
- Eligibility for a Liposomal Technology comparative protocol.
- Other cytotoxic chemotherapy.
Patients with the following prior condition are excluded:
History of idiosyncratic or allergic reaction to anthracyclines.
- Chemotherapy within the past 3 weeks.